My Photo
Name:
Location: Icking, Bavaria, Germany

I'm a Brittany Spaniel who came from Southwestern France. I'm a very friendly guy who loves to hunt birds and dig for mice. I like to go on adventure hikes and play with other friendly dogs. My dad is my best friend because he is fun, but I love my mom too because she feeds me. They are both crazy about me and I take full advantage of this at all times. My full name is Uben Berndl Tangerine Hertwig. Berndl sounds like my dad's name (Bernd) but with an l which also sounds like Dirndl since I live in Bavaria. Tangerine because I'm orange.

Friday, September 30, 2005

French class

Well I've probably lost my mind once and for all, but I joined my husband's French class as of last night. I was thinking that I could probably handle it, as I had 3 years of French in Jr. High, High school and then a year of fairly intensive French in college, and used to be kind of decent at it when I needed to start using it in France. But as of late, all French has been sent into the deep recesses of my brain as German pretty much took over. (I would suggest to anyone with young children reading this, to put them in lanugage classes immediately before their neurons have time to develop into monolinugal English speakers) Anyway, I jumped into this class with a bit of hesitation, but the one thing I've learned, is that I will always be slower at this than the rest of the class, because this class is in German! Basic Germ is burned into my brain, but I cannot for the life of me hear something in German and turn it into French without having to send it through the English processor in my head. I thought this was kind of interesting, but not all that big of a tragedy since the French verbs are to my way of thinking anyway, in more of a correct place in a sentence than German verbs are. The teacher is kind and so are the other students, but I have to still sit next to Bernd to whisper for German translation into English. Thank goodness he is fluent in just about everything and willing to help me! I hope I learn both languages at once and end up in 6 weeks fluent in both hahahahahahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home