My Photo
Name:
Location: Icking, Bavaria, Germany

I'm a Brittany Spaniel who came from Southwestern France. I'm a very friendly guy who loves to hunt birds and dig for mice. I like to go on adventure hikes and play with other friendly dogs. My dad is my best friend because he is fun, but I love my mom too because she feeds me. They are both crazy about me and I take full advantage of this at all times. My full name is Uben Berndl Tangerine Hertwig. Berndl sounds like my dad's name (Bernd) but with an l which also sounds like Dirndl since I live in Bavaria. Tangerine because I'm orange.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I'm hooked


I am a complete freak…or as my friend Donna would say, a freakshow. An Avon freakshow. I never thought I would be saying this, but I'm in love with Avon. I was getting my hair cut about 6 weeks ago, and in bops the Avon lady to bring my hairdresser a bag of something. I thought I saw Avon on the bag, and in shocked German I said, “Sind Sie die Avon Frau” (are you the Avon lady)? She answered me in the most perfect English imaginable. I was shocked and stunned and surprised, and told her that I had actually even looked online for her, and where the heck had she been? She lives only about 1.5 miles from me, teaches English in the next village to adults, is as fluent as I am, has tons of personality, brings the loot to my door (gotta love that!), gives me deals and samples, and I have to have become her best customer in the past few weeks. I have used Avon here and there in my lifetime, but due to these samples, I’m now the biggest fan of all time. This stuff is just fantastic. The moisturizers are as good or better than the stuff I’ve been paying a small fortune for, the cleanser I bought is the best thing ever, and I could go on and on. And it is cheap. Really cheap. And most importantly, it comes right to your door in English!
E me if you want her name or phone number. I’m just thrilled to have an Avon lady and the English is an amazing bonus…I would have done it in German, but this is so much nicer. Note in the photo how she wrote on the box that I MUST try the stuff inside. Makes me laugh but I do obey!

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz Zélandais said...

My mother at 90 just passed her 39th anniversary of selling this stuff. (You're right-it's fantastic!). Avon will outlive your Red Devil. ;^)

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home