My Photo
Name:
Location: Icking, Bavaria, Germany

I'm a Brittany Spaniel who came from Southwestern France. I'm a very friendly guy who loves to hunt birds and dig for mice. I like to go on adventure hikes and play with other friendly dogs. My dad is my best friend because he is fun, but I love my mom too because she feeds me. They are both crazy about me and I take full advantage of this at all times. My full name is Uben Berndl Tangerine Hertwig. Berndl sounds like my dad's name (Bernd) but with an l which also sounds like Dirndl since I live in Bavaria. Tangerine because I'm orange.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Snails

Besides being the worlds biggest Avon freak, I’m also a snail killer. The little slimy fellows have historically been a big problem here in the garden. I planted marigolds last year and overnight they were all gone....same with some of my herbs last year. I do not want to put out snail poison because of the dogs, so I did a little research and found out about beer traps.
Take a yogurt cup or a tall sour cream cup, and make a 2 inch hole about 2/3 of the way up. Bury the cup in the ground by your plants so that the hole is at ground level. Put a couple of inches of beer inside and cover the cups so your dogs don't get drunk. In one night I killed about 60 snails in 3 cups and did not lose a flower. They are not that attractive out there in the garden, but they work like a charm and I'm hoping to be able to eventually wipe out the snails from around here and take the cups out of the ground. So there ya go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home