My Photo
Name:
Location: Icking, Bavaria, Germany

I'm a Brittany Spaniel who came from Southwestern France. I'm a very friendly guy who loves to hunt birds and dig for mice. I like to go on adventure hikes and play with other friendly dogs. My dad is my best friend because he is fun, but I love my mom too because she feeds me. They are both crazy about me and I take full advantage of this at all times. My full name is Uben Berndl Tangerine Hertwig. Berndl sounds like my dad's name (Bernd) but with an l which also sounds like Dirndl since I live in Bavaria. Tangerine because I'm orange.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

More on Sponsorship of Children

We got the sad word recently that the little girl (Barbara) we were sponsoring in Kenya had moved away from her home and school. Her father was murdered last year, and this year her sister was killed when hit by a train. Her mother told the Humble Hearts school that Barbara was having a terrible time dealing with the loss of her sister, so she decided to move away with her. Perhaps this is best, or at least I'm trusting that her mother is making the choice that she sees as best for Barbara. We are in the process of regrouping and will either sponsor another child or a teacher at the school.
In the meantime, I got word by snail and e mail about my friend Kathy in Tennessee, and the great success that one of her sponsorships was. Follow this link for the whole story.
http://tinylink.com/?I5eUQxpTfj
Way inspirational.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home