My Photo
Name:
Location: Icking, Bavaria, Germany

I'm a Brittany Spaniel who came from Southwestern France. I'm a very friendly guy who loves to hunt birds and dig for mice. I like to go on adventure hikes and play with other friendly dogs. My dad is my best friend because he is fun, but I love my mom too because she feeds me. They are both crazy about me and I take full advantage of this at all times. My full name is Uben Berndl Tangerine Hertwig. Berndl sounds like my dad's name (Bernd) but with an l which also sounds like Dirndl since I live in Bavaria. Tangerine because I'm orange.

Friday, December 29, 2006

And on the occasion of the hanging of Saddam Hussein....

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/fisk/article1959051.ece

In my opinion, way worth the time it will take you to read these few paragraphs.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Suz,
I'm on my way back to Germany on the 20th, hand in hand with my German national wife. Years ago I was stationed in Germany several times and love the place. A fairly recent reunion of my son and his mother (recently made my wife after 28 years)caused me to visit Friedrichshafen for 3 months before I had to come back to the states. I was there from August to November. Now I am coming back with the intention of living and working. This has nothing to do with Saddam but I saw your site and thought I would introduce myself. My wife is under the impression that now that we are legally married, I won't require a work or residence visa. She said City Hall in Friedricshafen has assured her of that. She has said also, that I will now fall under the coverage of her health insurance. Would you have any input or information about any of this?

11:39 PM  
Blogger Uben Hertwig said...

Hello James,
I think your wife is somewhat right, but you have to register here and then depending on where you are living, the City Hall should give you instructions on what else you have to do. You will for sure be allowed to stay in the country, but I think you will need to get a separate work permit, or at least that is how it is where we live in Bavaria....the work permit is not automatic. We had to go to the Gemeinde in our Landkreis once a year for 3 years until my passport was stamped as permanent, but like I said, this seems to vary depending on the state/landkreis.
Good luck and bring warm clothes!
Susan

8:00 AM  
Blogger Uben Hertwig said...

P.S. You definately have to have health insurance, but I would think her job would be the key to how this would all fall together.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home