My Photo
Name:
Location: Icking, Bavaria, Germany

I'm a Brittany Spaniel who came from Southwestern France. I'm a very friendly guy who loves to hunt birds and dig for mice. I like to go on adventure hikes and play with other friendly dogs. My dad is my best friend because he is fun, but I love my mom too because she feeds me. They are both crazy about me and I take full advantage of this at all times. My full name is Uben Berndl Tangerine Hertwig. Berndl sounds like my dad's name (Bernd) but with an l which also sounds like Dirndl since I live in Bavaria. Tangerine because I'm orange.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Frau Fasching!? Go figure

One day this week I was headed to town on the train and as I made my way up to the platform I noticed it was suspiciously empty except for 3 elderly people...2 women and 1 dude. The oldest little lady told me the train would not be coming for another hour due to construction somewhere on the tracks...this was apparently in the newspaper, but since I can't make out the imperfect verb forms in the article, I don't read the paper except for the ads with pictures. Sad but true. So I thanked her for the bad news and headed back to my car. She kept standing there looking kind of lost, and since she reminded me of my mom I told her that I was going to drive into town, and asked if she wanted to go with me. I could see the wheels turning in her mind as to whether or not I was an American serial murderer of old German ladies. She asked me if I knew the way and I said of course....then I told her that my German was not that perfect yet and maybe we could talk on the way and I could learn something from her. She hopped right in. We chatted the whole way into town and I'm proud to say that I understood it all because she spoke good old high German instead of the impossible to comprehend Bairish that is more normally spoken around here. She told me on the way that I was a good driver and that I was NOT scaring her! She turned out to the be same age as my mom, and now I have a new little friend in Solln, and her name of all things is Frau Fasching! It was a fun little adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home