My Photo
Name:
Location: Icking, Bavaria, Germany

I'm a Brittany Spaniel who came from Southwestern France. I'm a very friendly guy who loves to hunt birds and dig for mice. I like to go on adventure hikes and play with other friendly dogs. My dad is my best friend because he is fun, but I love my mom too because she feeds me. They are both crazy about me and I take full advantage of this at all times. My full name is Uben Berndl Tangerine Hertwig. Berndl sounds like my dad's name (Bernd) but with an l which also sounds like Dirndl since I live in Bavaria. Tangerine because I'm orange.

Friday, February 09, 2007

I'm a lazy blogger but here's what I'm reading

I just read what I think might be the best book of my life. It is called Hannah's Gift and I don't have enough superlatives in my vocabulary to adequately describe it. If I have already not gotten it for you, get a copy as fast as you can. It is painful for sure, but also about the joy and fullness of living. I cried (correction, sobbed) and laughed and felt like I'd been given a wonderful gift when I closed the back cover. Just trust me.

Now I'm halfway through Peter Mayle's new book which is called Provence A-Z. It is better than it seemed when I cracked the book open, and I've learned a lot about Provence. As we are headed there tomorrow, I'll be reading it surrounded by lavender fields, although they've been chopped back for the year. But Provence is always good no matter how you slice it. Rent our houses there at www.flertwig.de
We are going down to open them up for the season....a bit early but we otherwise have packed schedules so February it is.

And I also just read 1000 Days in Tuscany and before that 1000 Days in Venice both by Marlena de Blasi. I liked Venice better, but thought they were both lovely tales. She's a good writer and includes recipes so you can't beat that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Susan, thanks for the reading tips especially the new peter mayle. i will definitely check that out. have fun in provence, kiss sascha for me, and take lots of pictures!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home